+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stained stairs

Default Stained stairs

The stairs of our pool have brownish colored stains on them. From what I have read on this great forum is that I should use Vitamin C for this, Correct?

If that is true, what type of Vitamin C should I use. Orange Juice? LOL
    and what is the best way to use it?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: Stained stairs

You can crush up some regular vitamin C tablets to check to see if it will take away the stain first. You can buy a stain treatment at a pool store that contains ascorbic acid, or you can get it in bulk, here are two links. If the vitamin C doesn't work, the stains may be organic, then high chlorine levels will eventually lighten them. You can also try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. Hope this helps - I have a metal picture of pouring orange juice on the stains! It would be hard to have it sink! Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

http://www.chemistrystore.com/Ascorbic_Acid.htm

http://www.msm-msm.com/store/agora.c...scorbic%20Acid
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Default Re: Stained stairs

My inground has a swim-out that had a very bad yellow stain. My steps were fine. I bought a bottle of Vitamin-C tablets and put them in a white sock. Then I used that to scrub the swim-out. The stain came out immediately without having to scrub very hard. So just get a bottle of Vitamin-C and put it in a sock and scrub the stain.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread