-
Re: Very green pool
Hey thanks for the reply!
We had reached 25ppm a couple nights ago, when we got up in t he morning it had dropped to about 17ppm if i remember correctly. We have been checking the levels 3 times a day and raising them back up if the drop. We can't check the levels more than that so it does drop down. I'm thinking maybe we should get our ppm up to about 30 and see what happens tonight. I'll let you know our readings tomorrow morning.
We have a 3/4 hp 1.27 sp Pentair Challenger pump and a Sta-Rite HRPB24 filter. The filter is quite large, 250lb is my guess. Yeah we purchased a DPD-FAS test kit, the Taylor K-2006. When we first shocked the pool we used sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione, which from my understanding adds to the CYA, just didn't think it would add that much. We did not own the house when it was winterized so I am unsure of the CYA. Here is the post I originally made about the pool, it was in really bad shape http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ol-need-advice.
-
Re: Very green pool
Quick update, got the ppm up to 30 and planned on keeping it there. We got some pretty heavy storms here tonight and I didn't get a chance to make it out there to put more chlorine in or check the levels.
On a side note, our impeller on the pump keeps getting clogged and I am pretty sure it is because of the filter basket floating up when it fills with water. I went out and bought a large 10" long bolt to place in it and weigh it down. This should be fine shouldn't it?
-
Re: Very green pool
the bolt will temporarily be fine, but wouldn't use long term- once it starts to rust, will add iron to your water over time!
maybe use a divers baton for weight, or make a small weight with sand/PVC... gotta do the same thing myself!
keep working the chlorine- it'll clear your pool and it will all be worth it!
-
Re: Very green pool
Or a rock............ 
Janet
-
Re: Very green pool
duh... why didn't I think of that, with all this river rock and rose quartz laying around? lol... I can help others, but can't help myself!
-
Re: Very green pool
Good idea with the rock. It appears that the bearings in our pump are going out so we haven't been able to do much with the pool. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.
-
Re: Very green pool
Bad news about the pump, looks like the motor is going out. Can anyone recommend a good pump? It is a 25,000 gallon pool with a Sta-Rite HRPB24 filter. I'm pretty sure our plumbing is 1&1/2 inches if that helps any.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules