+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Trouble finding Borax and other newbie dilemmas

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Watermom's Avatar
    Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    9,244

    Default Re: Trouble finding Borax and other newbie dilemmas

    Hmmm. Can you order Borax online? I don't know the ingredients of the products that you listed. I'm going to ask Ben to advise you on them.

    Regarding the kit ---- the K-2006 is only available online. Having it will make your pool maintenance a lot easier for you. Once you get a good kit, please post your current readings.

    Welcome to the Pool Forum!

    (By the way, I used to live in Puerto Rico --- Ponce. Where do you live?)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Trouble finding Borax and other newbie dilemmas

    That's great to hear watermom! I live in Guaynabo. Thanks for the welcome.

    I should receive the TF-100 kit this week.

    As for buying Borax online, the shippping basically doubles the price, and the online prices are about twice the Wal-Mart price so I'd end up paying 4 times what people normally do. If I can find an alternative in a pool store it may actually be cheaper.

  3. #3
    Watermom's Avatar
    Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    9,244

    Default Re: Trouble finding Borax and other newbie dilemmas

    I understand the shipping thing. Hopefully, Ben will get a minute at some point today to take a look at your question about those other products and get back to you. I did contact him about it yesterday. Good luck and glad to have you on the forum!

  4. #4
    PoolDoc's Avatar
    PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,207

    Default Re: Trouble finding Borax and other newbie dilemmas

    Just use soda ash -- pH Up. Borax is a superior alternative, but if you can't get it, soda ash is what most people used for years.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts