+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: slimy pool bottom and sides...high chlorine

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: slimy pool bottom and sides...high chlorine

    I have ordered the test kit. I plan to begin this regimen on Sunday. I still don't understand the muratic acid instructions . Sorry the pH is currently in range along wih alkalinity. The chlorine is really high but I am still on vaca and can't test with the new drop kit. If the PH is in range when I get started on Sunday do I still add the borax and muratic acid? Or do I just do the bleach? Am I trying to lower the CYA at all?
    I will purchase the borax and muratic acid as needed I am just not sure why I am doing that.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-27-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: enable signature
    40K gal vinyl FOXX pool; Intellichlor IC60 SWCG; Hayward EcoStar multi speed pump that runs 2925 rpm 8am to 1pm, then 2900 rpm 4pm to 8pm then 2800rpm from 8pm to 11pm.; Hayward Swimclear cartridge filter; Pentair Easy Touch panel with remote.

  2. #2
    BigDave's Avatar
    BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,916

    Default Re: slimy pool bottom and sides...high chlorine

    The Borax + Muriatic Acid is intended to establish an effective Borate level in the poolwater. Borates at 50 ppm or so are effective at supressing algae. Borax contributes the Borates. Borax raises pH. The Muriatic is added to compensate for the pH rise caused by the Borax.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts