+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New Pool Owner/Chemistry Worry?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: New Pool Owner/Chemistry Worry?

    Waterbear,

    Thank you very much for the reply. It is quite informative and I will look into getting myself a "more" complete kit. In the meantime, I will add acid to facilitate lowering my PH.

    It has been recommended to be conservative when adding chemicals, which makes sense to me, and add 1/2 to 3/4 of what is suggested by test kits? I have some dry acid that I will today and see what the results are tomorrow morning.

    Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate your thoughts.

    Mike

  2. #2
    waterbear's Avatar
    waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St. Augustine, Fl
    Posts
    3,729

    Default Re: New Pool Owner/Chemistry Worry?

    Do yourself a favor, save some money...once you use up the dry acid switch to muriatic acid...It's cheaper and more effective...plus it will not add sufates to your water. Muriatic acid (HCl) will combine with the sodium hydroxide (NaOH) produced by your SWG and form ....SALT and water!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts