+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG pool with sagging skimmer

Default IG pool with sagging skimmer

My pebble Tec pool is roughly 5 years old and the intake on my skimmer is sagging roughly a half inch from the concrete deck and the builder says this happens sometimes from the weight of the deck but is offering no type of warrenty or repair. Can i drill through the top deck and use a bolt with a large washer to pull up the top portion of the skimmer? I would then sink the bolt deep enough to fill in the top and retexture it. (I was taught how to apply textures (cool decking) years ago.) My goal is to do this without spending large amounts of money redoing the cool decking. I can submit a picture if needed just having trouble adding it right now.

Default Re: IG pool with sagging skimmer

Anyone? Ben? just looking for ideas on this. Is this problem common?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies. Send a pic to poolforum AT gmail DOT com and reference the URL of this thread. Maybe then somebody will have some advice for you.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

I guess I would be concerned about the connecting pipe if you try and pull it up. I'm just guessing here because I'm not in the pool construction business and don't know how the skimmer assembly is attached to the concrete. Maybe it was just positioned and not fastened and there is a flexible pipe on it. As for the pic, try sending it to poolforum.pics AT gmail DOT com. The one Mom mentioned can be accessed by Ben only and this one we can see and just yesterday I finally figured how to get pics showing. As before, cut and paste the URL of this thread so we know where to put them.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread