+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

Default Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

I have an AG 12,500 gal pool and have used Baquacil for 14 months. I have had no problems other than a water line etched into liner and an odor to the water this summer. I was told that the sand probably needed to be changed to rid the odor. However, after reading these situations and due to the $$$, I plan to convert this spring upon opening the pool. I live in Texas where we have been scorching with over 35 days of 100+ degree heat. I am unsure what to add to pool upon closing at end of Oct. in order to switch to chlorine in the Spring. I just read about a product called Flip-Out which rids the Baquacil while keeping the water clear and safe to swim in at the same time. Do you know anything about this product? Any info will be appreciated.

Default Re: Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

There are a lot of people on this forum that will be much more qualified to answer this than me. But, I converted about a month and a half ago, and I cannot imagine any product that would make your water safe to swim in while the conversion is going on. I'm not saying that it's not out there, I just can't imagine it.
    My water turned many different colors and the "goo" that was in the bottom and in the filter was just a sticky, gummy mess. I would be interested to read about this product. I'm sure if you could post what's in it that the chem geek could tell us if it would work.....from reading his posts, he's very helpful and also very intelligent!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

You could go ahead and do the conversion now. I imagine in Texas, you still have quite a bit of swim season left. The conversion shouldn't take more than a week and for some people who test and add bleach every couple of hours, their conversion takes only 4-5 days. I wouldn't use some magic potion during conversion - but only lots of bleach! It's a tried and true method as many people here on the forum who have had successful baq to chlorine conversions can attest to.

+ Reply to Thread